On the Feast of Saint Joseph
Oh, St. Joseph, whose protection is so great, so strong, so prompt before
the throne of God. I place in you all my interests and desires. Oh, St.
Joseph, do assist me by your powerful intercession, and obtain for me from
your divine Son all spiritual blessings, through Jesus Christ, our Lord. So
that, having engaged here below your heavenly power, I may offer my
thanksgiving and homage to the most loving of Fathers.
Oh, St. Joseph, I never weary of contemplating you, and Jesus asleep in your
arms; I dare not approach while He reposes near your heart. Press Him in my
name and kiss His fine head for me and ask him to return the Kiss when I
draw my dying breath. St. Joseph, Patron of departing souls - Pray for me.
This prayer was found in the fifteenth year of Our Lord and Savior Jesus
Christ. In 1505 it was sent from the Pope to Emperor Charles when he was
going into battle. Whoever shall read this prayer or hear it or keep it
about themselves, shall never die a sudden death, or be drowned, not shall
poison take effect of them; neither shall they fall into the hands of the
enemy; or shall be burned in any fire, or shall be overpowered in battle.
(Say for nine mornings for anything you may desire. It has never been known
to fail, so be sure you really want what you ask.)
Saint Philomena's Prayer Room
by Fr Gibas
I ask that we support with our prayers and
- Daniel Vallera, PhD: Head of Research Lab at University of Minnesota. Doing
research in the area of cancer. At present developing a drug that will cause
complete remission in a patient with Lymphoma which is showing great
promise. Pray that God will support him with the grace of perseverance and
the Wisdom to know how his creation functions.
- Jerry Knepper: Father of Renee, a nurses’ aid here at Altercare/Navarre,
Ohio: Mr. Knepper was recently informed he has prostate cancer. His daughter
wants us to pray that her Father will trust God, and have a positive
attitude towards what present day medicine can do for him.
- Virginia McBurney: Pray for the grace that she persevere in her return to
the Sacraments after being away for many years. Also pray that she will not
be overcome by a sense hopelessness due to her growing disabilities.
- Mary Peterman: Ninety year old resident of Altercare/Navarre. Needs pray
support to accept the disabilities of old age. Anxieties concerning the faith
life of some members of her family.
- Chelsey Johnson, daughter of Sherry Johnson, beautician here at Altercare:
Chelsey needs the Wisdom of the Holy Spirit to know and accept God’s gender
plan for human beings.
- Courtney Johnson: Needs prayer support to help make good decision about
work, home selection, and family life (including having another child.)
- Sherry Johnson: Needs the help of God’s graces to deal with life’s struggle.
- Fr. Robert G. Gibas: Needs God’s help and the support of His people to
provide the Spiritual and social needs of the people here at Altercare/Navarre
and some members of their families. Help us, that we will all be tuned in
together to do God’s will for ourselves and one another.
St. Philomena, pray for us – we desperately need you.
Fr. Robert G. Gibas
Archconfraternity Spiritual Director
For all of the United States of America
Support the Sanctuary of Saint Philomena
The Sanctuary of Saint Philomena is not a parish Church. We do not have parishioners who support this place of worship on a weekly basis. We are completely dependent on the love and generosity of you, the world-wide devotees, to keep the doors of the earthly home of Saint Philomena open.
We pray at the Sanctuary for the devotees of Saint Philomena to recognize and provide the means to pay our monthly utilities of gas and electricity. We also pray for the means to install a lift at the Sanctuary to enable physically challenged pilgrims to experience the entire home of their beloved Saint.
In order to ensure the Sanctuary is able to keep our doors open to you and to continue to offer God continual praise and to be the focal point through which our prayers are received by Saint Philomena and interceded for before God at the Sanctuary, you may donate in the following ways:
- Direct to the Sanctuary:
- By personal check payable to the "Sanctuary of Saint Philomena." For security reasons, please send your donation through registered or express mail to the Sanctuary's address at the bottom of this newsletter.
- Online - Go to our Support Page, Click Here
- By bank transfer to the Sanctuary's Bank account: BANCA UNICREDIT MUGNANO DEL CARDINALE(30525) BANK ACCOUNT:N° 000400102946 SWIFT CODE:UNCRITM1E94 IBAN:IT18D0200875790000400102946
- U.S.A. Tax-Deductible Donations may be sent to the new non-profit set up in the United States:
- Online - Go to our Support Page, Click Here
- Postal mail donations can be made to: Saint Philomena Sanctuary Support Fund, Inc. P.O. Box 4114 Bergheim, Texas 78004, U.S.A.